CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bronchoscopy

Okay, I've been gone for a while. Mom has been bad about letting me write before bed. So I'm sneaking out of my crib to do this. I hope you all enjoy it :) Updates - here's what been going on with me...

Well...I had my bronchoscopy on Monday...it was pretty scary. BUT I'm just glad that it's all over with. For those of you who don't know what's going on with my little lungs...I've had 4 xrays so far...all showing that I have reduced volume in the upper lobe of my right lung. Doc had me on a breathing machine thing for a while but mom and dad couldn't get me to sit still long enough for the stupid thing to work...so we only did that for a week or so.

Anyways, I've been feeling fine. You'd never know that my lung isn't working at 100%. We got the results last night and my cultures came back negative and doc says there is nothing wrong anatomically with my lungs - so this is great news. I will have to go back for another xray in 3 months just to make sure that nothing has come back. He's pretty confident that he 'flushed' everything out during the scope.

Mom and dad were both super troopers Monday morning. I thought mom would be a mess and she only cried once! Here's how that morning went: mom woke me up at 515am! put me in the car...and we got to the hospital around 6am...nurse checked my vital signs...I watched Baby Einstein (thank you Theresa and K!)...got my IV in my FOOT...ugh!...I cried of course, but did great with it once it was in. Then my scope started around 8ish. The whole thing was about 15-20 minutes...I'd say the worst part was waking up...I was flailing...crying...spitting up blood and saliva...all while mom and dad were trying to hold me.

Once I was able to drink some stuff - I was allowed to go home. I slept when I got home for a little while. It was a LONG day but I'm so glad it's over.

I'll be leaving this weekend for Texas so I won't post until I get back! Sorry! I'll try and post again tomorrow though...I'm going to see my cousins Coleman and Ethan for the first time. I'm so excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment