CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

MIA No Longer

I'm back! I've been MIA for quite some time now...sorry 'bout that...but you'll never believe why...I have a cold...you heard me...a COLD. Mommy and daddy took me to the doctors on Monday when they noticed that my right eye was getting all goopy and then heard me cough...and then realized I couldn't breathe all that well. The verdict...the common cold. The cure...nothing. We'd just have to wait it out.

I'm on day 6 now...and I'm not getting any better but I'm not getting any worse - so I guess I'll look at that as a positive thing. I'll tell ya what though - I sure hate that dang bulb syringe. Have you ever had that done? First, they douse you with saline drops...then they suck the brain-snots out of ya. Sucks. Sucks all around. There's no other way to say it. And mommy cries about it. I know she feels bad that she has to do it...but that's what the nurse told her to do. If anyone out there has ANY OTHER tried and true methods of getting snot out of a baby's nose - please - tell my mom. I'm not sure if I can handle one more night of sweating it out with my papa in the recliner while the humidifier runs...if I wanted to live in the Bahamas...then I'd move there.

Grandma Ruffing is in town. She came in late Wednesday night to help take care of me. Boy is she good :) She plays with me and reads to me...and holds me all the time. She leaves on Sunday and boy am I going to miss her. She's good company for mommy too. Sometimes mommy gets overwhelmed with staying home with me all day. Not because she doesn't love me - but because I've had one thing after another...and she hasn't really been able to enjoy the wonderful little boy that I am. I can't wait 'till this cold is over, then mommy will really get to know my true personality.

Oh, and I wanted to say something again about that Miracle Blanket. The inventor (Mike) emailed me to thank me for sharing my positive thoughts about his product and I should be thanking him! I really can't say enough good things about this blanket...even during Dylan's cold (oh this is Dylan's mom talking now) we've used the Miracle Blanket and it's made all the difference. Dylan always wakes himself up when he flails his arms and legs around. With the Miracle Blanket, he's all tucked up and cozy like a little cocoon. Love it, love it, love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment