CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm Here!

I got to go home at 3 days old...it was a cold, dreary day in the midwest. I was born at Cox South in Springfield, Missouri on Tuesday, December 16 at 7:53 am. I weighed in at 7 lbs., 2 oz. and was 19 inches long.

Mom's water broke earlier that morning. Dad didn't believe her when she woke him up and said "honey, I think my water broke." Dad said, "how do you know...are you sure?" When he looked down and saw a puddle on the bathroom floor, he knew it was time to roll! Mom was 4 cm when she got to the hospital - and a few hours later - I was born!

Let me tell you...this being born thing is a tough act. I was all warm and cozy and then I come out to all of these bright lights and someone sticks a cold thermometer up my butt! What gives?! Well I showed them...I pooped all over that thing...then I got to lay on mommy's chest while dad looked over at us in shock. I was so happy - the nurses let me lay on mommy for a long time before they took me for my first bath. We had a lot of skin on skin time.

We all moved up to the 2nd floor where we would stay for the next few days. Mommy just wouldn't put me down! She held me and talked to me and kept singing 'Hush Little Baby' to me...only thing is...she only knew the first few verses - boy did I get sick of that quick!

My daddy is pretty cool. He's a laid back type of guy. Totally digs the jeans and worn tshirt look...I can't wait to be like him. Everyone says I look exactly like him. We have the same lips, same body type, and we even have the same ears! In fact, my right ear folds over at the top just like daddy's does! I'm not sure what I have of mommy's yet...I think her eyes. They're big and blue. I love my mommy and daddy so much! 'Till next time...peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment